PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings)
The government owned corporations are termed as Public sector Undertakings (PSUs) in India. In a PSU majority (51% or more) of the paid share capital is held by central government or by any state government or partly by the central government and partly by one or more state governments. Several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) under the aegis of Government of India regularly provide tremendous employment opportunities in various technical and management areas.
How to Prepare for PSUs?
- PSUs Entrance Exam Question Paper mainly consists of two major sections:
Technical Section: Subject specialization of related stream
Non-Technical Section: General Awareness, Current Affairs, English Language, Reasoning & Aptitude.
Hence to crack PSUs competitive exam, candidate should prepare for both technical and non-technical sections, where 50% to 70% questions are from technical and remaining questions from non-technical sections.
- Be aware of exam pattern of different PSUs like number of technical questions, number of non-technical questions, negative marking, exam duration, marks per question etc.
- Always make it a habit of referring to previous year question papers.
- Prefer Reference books for derivations, equations, conceptual thought process, theory etc.
- Use shortcut techniques for numerical solving instead of traditional methods to save time.
- Practice previous year question papers and analyze the weak topics and concentrate more on those topics. Always try to solve question papers in a given time frame to obtain an idea as how many questions you are able to solve in given limits.
Group Discussion Round: Group Discussion is a crucial round conducted for shortlisted candidates. Good communication skills, topic knowledge, team spirit, leadership qualities, patience level and presence of mind are the major parameters to be considered.
Personal Interview: The personal interview is conducted to judge the personality of a candidate. Sound technical knowledge, positive attitude, body language, good communication skills play an important role to clear personal interviews. Candidates should be prepared with questions about their strengths and weaknesses and answer all questions confidently.